From ShortGut - Wiki
Things that often happen with short gut:
- Indicators -- various indicators for how well you are doing with respect to intestinal and liver function.
- TPN-associated Liver Disease (cured by Omegaven!)
- Yeast and bacterial overgrowth in the intestines (can cause gas and possibly translocate into the blood stream and infect the central line.)
- Dilation of the intestine at certain points (caused by constrictions?)
- Adhesions and other such things (please add).
- Ostomy to allow waste to flow out more rapidly
- Developmental and Growth issues
- Oral Aversions and Feeding Problems
- Dental Issues