Tips and Tricks
Browser and other Core GUI Tools
- NUMBER 1 TIP: Use the context menu on individual objects!! This is activated by the right mouse button (ctrl + mouse on Mac). It contains many useful actions.
- Drag and Drop -- very very powerful!
- Cut and Paste -- also handy
- Edit Dialog -- things you can do with the edit dialog/panels
- 3d Graphical View -- how to navigate
- Project Window Tips -- special functions of the main project window
- Keyboard Shortcuts -- you can do a lot without leaving the keyboard!
- Getting the most from the tab key - On mac go to System Preferences/Keyboard/Shortcuts and set tabbing to "
Wizard, Control Panels etc
- WizardTips -- its pretty obvious, but..
- ControlPanelTips -- this is a very powerful tool for organizing parameters and comparing values, etc.
Core Objects: Programs, DataTables, Networks
- ProgramTips -- a program automates operations, including training networks, generating input data for networks, and analyzing the performance of networks.
- DataTableTips -- DataTables are used everywhere for containing rows and columns of data -- e.g., input data for training a network, output data (logs) of how the network performed, statistics analzing aspects of performance.
- NetworkTips -- a quick short list of main things to do on a network.
- Best Practices -- ideas for how to best organize complex projects.