See ChangeLog for list of changes by release.
- 64bit Windows 10 required: First install MSVC++ 2015 (runtime C++ libraries, select vcredist_x64.exe -- only if you haven't done this already) and then install emergent-8.5.2-11409-win64.exe or for Windows versions < 10: emergent-8.5.2-11409-win64-qt53.exe
- optional long-term-support (LTS) emergent7 compatibility package for old sims: emergent-7.1.0-11409-win64.exe (depends on 8.5.2 install - now a regular installer exe -- just run it and accept default location to install)
- 10.10+: Install emergent_install_mac_deps-8.5.1.dmg (note: this release uses new 8.5.1 dependencies -- you must update!) and then:
emergent-8.5.2-11409-mac64.dmg. After downloading, right click and select open. Now compatible with Mojave (10.14)
- optional long-term-support (LTS) emergent7 compatibility package for old sims: emergent-7.1.0-11409-mac64.dmg (depends on 8.5.2 install)
- Our apt repository contains packages for emergent 8.5.2 for the LTS 16.04 and 14.04 releases (also works on intel chromebooks under crouton). There are older versions of emergent for earlier versions. See Build Linux for help building the latest version from scratch.
- You can find older binary packages for emergent and source packages for all of its prerequisites on the HTTP download or FTP download sites (same source, just different TP).